We are currently seeking a Registered Nurse to work in our Residential Group Home Program for Adults 18+ with developmental disabilities. We are seeking someone with a sincere desire to work with and assist a fun and very special population of adults with intellectual challenges.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS :
- New York State license
- Experience with developmentally disabled preferred
- Valid California driver’s license; good driving record
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise all aspects of health services as appropriate.
- Participate in pre-admission assessment, evaluation study, program design, client admission, periodic evaluation of program and health services provided, development of each client's Individual Service Plan (ISP) and referrals to appropriate community resources.
- Assist in supervising the training plans of residents in personal hygiene, family life, and sex education.
- Supervise the control of communicable diseases and conduct infection control meetings.
- Supervise the dispensing of medications.
- Train staff in emergency situations and care procedures.
- Develop a nursing plan for inclusion with each ISP and update.
- Consult with physicians and pharmacists.
- Coordinate residents' medical, dental care and utilization of health services.
- In service new staff on Medication Dispensing (4 hours.)
- Travel between 4 residential facilities located within a 1 mile radius.
- On-call for all health related issues.
The Group offers wonderful training opportunities, a supportive, professional work environment and great benefits.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please send your resume, cover letter and salary history.
Job Type: Full-time
- Working with a special needs population: 1 year
Required license or certification:
- New York RN license
If interested please contact Joanne Browning (email@example.com